Pack. Unpack. Repeat.
That’s the update from my life in Chile! I’ve been out of Santiago 4 out of the past 5 weekends.
1. Mendoza, Argentina with 3 American friends.
2. Santiago, my weekend at home!
3. Temuco/Puerto Saavedra, with my study abroad program.
4. Laguna Verde (my grandparents’ house on the Pacific Ocean, literally), with my family (pictures to come!).
5. And finally, this past weekend I went on a retreat with the Christian college group that I attend.
With all of my traveling, I’ve really been feeling the study abroad “time warp” (as my friend Nona calls it) in the past few weeks. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this concept, it is a distortion of your sense of the passing of time, seasons, etc. that happens on study abroad. There were 3 national holidays in the month of October, so the long weekends, although nice, definitely threw me off (sidenote: there are A LOT of national holidays here. I think I’ve had at least 5 or 6 days off of school…) Additionally, it is about 80 degrees here now, however, there are Christmas decorations in the grocery stores and Starbucks is advertising their “winter” drinks (even thought it is summer here). For a Michigander, this is a very strange feeling…
Hope to be back blogging a bit more in the next few weeks. Abrazos a todos!